Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 16mm camera

  1. #1
    Inactive Member becomedeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm curious to know if anyone here knows of a good place to get a nice, used 16mm camera, preferably an arriflex - besides ebay. I'm looking to move up from super-8 for my next project . I would like to start this summer so I need to find a camera soon. I'm sure there are many places here in the city, but I haven't been able to find any yet. Perhaps someone knows of a good place. I'll start calling around soon, I'm sure I can find something.

    Thanks alot,
    Tayman Strahorn

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I will sell you an Arri S/B. How much do you have to spend??

  3. #3
    Inactive Member becomedeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I'm not too sure what a used Arri like yours goes for, but I was hoping to not have to spend much more than $2000. I assume that it would come with batteries and everything. My email address is [email protected], we can discuss this further there if you would like.
    thanks.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member becomedeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does $3000 seem too much for a Bolex H16 EL that shoots crystal, includes batteries and a 400 ft. mag? I'm looking into purchasing one but, as you can probably tell from my earlier reply, I'm not too educated on 16mm.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here are a few places that sell Arri cameras:

    www.visualproducts.com
    www.duallcamera.com
    www.whitehouseav.com (they sell more CP cameras)

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't buy anything from Duall and VP--I have had some dodgey dealings with both of them in the past. Nothing major from VP and they were very understanding in the end. I may do business with them in the future. Duall just flat out screwed me.....

    I tried emailing you but to no avail--It got sent back. I will try again.

    Good Luck

  7. #7
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's to bad because I have had great dealings with both. Very professional folks at Duall....

  8. #8
    Inactive Member GREATwarEAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2002
    Posts
    530
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OLDEN
    1265 Broadway - 32nd street
    2nd floor

    212-725-1234



    I've been to this place a million times. They have quite a few super 8 & 16mm cameras, tripods, projectors, editors, mags, lenses.

    But I've never bought a camera from them. I've only bought stuff like reels and a lens hood.

    Their prices are sometimes a bit high, though.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member JackMartinEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 29th, 2004
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So on the whole, would any 16mm camera be worth quite a lot? So if I saw one for a ?50 I should get it?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member GREATwarEAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2002
    Posts
    530
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So on the whole, would any 16mm camera be worth quite a lot?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hell no.

    Many of the early first generation 16mm cameras are now only paperweights. Some of them have limited lenses and pathetic non-reflex viewfinders. The ones ones I'm talking about are box-shaped. They look like bricks. Paperweights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •